MA DB function failed with error number 2006 | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
MA DB function failed with error number 2006
January 6, 2007
12:00 am
Detlef Eric Hinz
Guests

Hi,

by generating a backup of the whole joomla system I got this error, who can help? Until today it worked ...

Thank you, best wishes, Eric

---------------------------------------------------
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /..../includes/joomla.php on line 5142

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /..../includes/joomla.php on line 5169

Warning: asort() expects parameter 1 to be array, string given in /..../includes/joomla.php on line 5182

MA DB function failed with error number 2006
MySQL server has gone away SQL=SELECT id, title, module, position, content, showtitle, params FROM jos_modules AS m WHERE m.published = 1 AND m.position = 'header' AND m.client_id = 1 ORDER BY m.ordering
SQL =

SELECT id, title, module, position, content, showtitle, params
FROM jos_modules AS m
WHERE m.published = 1
AND m.position = 'header'
AND m.client_id = 1
ORDER BY m.ordering

Post edited by: ericmuc, at: 2007/01/06 08:50

January 6, 2007
Ovidiu
Guests

Hi there! The problem is from the mysql server, this error "MySQL server has gone away" indicates that the connection was closed during the backup process probably because of a sql timeout response limit! However this error doesn't affect the backup process, the created backups should be completed!

Ovidiu

July 3, 2008
PeterC007
Guests

I have a similar problem.
Almost none of the components/plugins I'm trying to install install properly. I constantly get error messages like [b]"DB function failed with error number 2006 MySQL server has gone away".[/b] It's pretty much driving me nuts. I started building my website on a local host and then transferred it months ago to the server. I still don't really know how I managed to do it. Might that transfer and the backup in between be the cause of all my problems?
I didn't really understand the explanation given here. Furthermore, the com_sm2dbhealth component doesn't work in my joomla. Error message: Fatal error: Call to undefined method sm2DBHealthParams::mosParameters() in .../com_sm2dbhealth/sm2dbhealth.class.php on line 157. Is it because I'm working with joomla 1.5 instead of 1.0? Are there newer versions of DBHealth components??

This not a joomlacloner question, but if manage to fix my problem, first I'll do is buy joomlacloner to avoid this kind of problems... Hope someone can help me out.

Thanks

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
Andy: 21
D: 21