Allowed memory size error | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
Allowed memory size error
January 5, 2008
12:00 am
equiweb
Guests

I get the following message when I try to generate a backup -
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2231252 bytes) in /home/equinema/public_html/administrator/includes/pcl/pclzip.lib.php on line 2394
Can I alter the allowed memory size?:(

January 5, 2008
admin
Guests

I suggest you change the "Backup type" to TAR or simply increase the site php.ini memory_limit variable to a larger value like 64M

Let me know if you have further issues! Regards, Ovidiu

January 5, 2008
equiweb
Guests

Thanks for that!
This is the error message I get when I change to TAR.
Warning: fopen(/home/equinema/public_html/cache/sess_ba5a0f6f013dcc138a2b9e59067c562b) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/equinema/public_html/administrator/components/com_cloner/restore/pcltar.lib.php on line 2030
Backup failed using tar mode, error code -2! Please contact the developers!
Not sure I can alter the php.ini file but if I can what do I need to include.

January 7, 2008
equiweb
Guests

Thanks, done that and it works fine!

January 9, 2008
chezza
Guests

Hi,

I'm getting this error when I try to restore my .tar clone to my test server.

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 36700160) (tried to allocate 34869251 bytes) in /homepages/17/d226906899/htdocs/CompletePropertyInvestment/restore/Joomla.Cloner.php on line 2511

I have tried increasing the memory_limit to 128M in my PHP configuration but this doesn't seem to have any effect.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

January 18, 2008
lyna
Guests

Hi, I have the next problem:
When I try to generate a backup, in the option [b]Excluded Folders and/or files[/b], show the message: [b]Please wait... we are loading the folder structure[/b], but never load the structure. Well, anyway I do the support, but he following error message appears:

As a fact, the memory limit is 64MB, in the php configuration:
[b]Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 50520959 bytes) in /home/nombre/public_html/nombre_sitio/administrator/includes/pcl/pclzip.lib.php on line 2379[/b]

If someone could help me, I would be grateful for it very much, I need clonar this web and have not could.

Thanks

January 18, 2008
lyna
Guests

Hi, thanks for your help, and so quickly.
Well, I check the folder and files that you indicated, and this already had the 755 permission.

So, I go to the next step and change the backup type to TAR in my JoomlaCloner Configuration.

Then when I try to generate a backup, the same thing happened, in the option Excluded Folders and/or files, show the message: Please wait... we are loading the folder structure, but never load the structure.

As the same way, I do the backup, but he following error message appears:
Backup failed! Please check that you have support for the zip utility(/usr/bin/zip or /usr/local/bin/zip) on your server and the path you set it's corect in Configuration!

The path is correct, I suppose that the server don't have support for the zip utility, but in other server I generate backup before with out the option tar and work fine, in this case is it a requirement?

Thanks again

January 19, 2008
lyna
Guests

Thanks.
I follow your advice for increase the memory limit, finally I could generate the backup, well I had to request an increase of 512mb, less than that, don't work out.

Thanks again

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
Andy: 21
D: 21