Error In JoomlaCloner | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
Error In JoomlaCloner
January 25, 2008
12:00 am
joomlacloneronthefen
Guests

Hello everyone

While testing the joomla cloner our company noticed some problems, needless to say even though this component has raving reviews, i thought i would ask for some help from the "gurus" who know it best.

I have pulled my hair out in all we want to do is backup all sites on our host and restore them on local host servers for development.

I think this is related to our hosting people, and i am sincerely hoping your help will help determine just what is going on, below find information relating to the environment and trouble

thanks so much

ENVIRONMENT

Linux server
apache
php 4.1?
mysql
Godaddy.com hosting
premium package full control panel
joomla site using 1.013 ?
joomlacloner

Problem:

There are two critical issues when using this component, one which generates an error and the other is one that just sits at the server and then a login screen comes up

problem/symptom # 1

when generating a backup the following code is displayed on the joomlacloner backend, after this is displayed no more functions can be achieved without starting back at step 1 again

CODE

A DB function failed with error number 2006
MySQL server has gone away SQL=SELECT id, title, module, position, content, showtitle, params FROM jos_modules AS m WHERE m.published = 1 AND m.position = 'header' AND m.client_id = 1 ORDER BY m.ordering
SQL =

SELECT id, title, module, position, content, showtitle, params
FROM jos_modules AS m
WHERE m.published = 1
AND m.position = 'header'
AND m.client_id = 1
ORDER BY m.ordering

END CODE

the second error is when we attempt to generate a backup, joomlacloner will allow us to select all options then generate a backup, once this has started it will sit on that page then after about (est: 3 minutes) it will go to the joomla admin login and say "you need to login"

needless to say we have been UNSUCCESSFUL in any regard as to whether this component will work in any way at all.

Is there any thoughts that you might have (or maybe someone has dealt with this in the past) that may allow us to continue using this, i look forward to a response and have included a screenshot in this message of the mysql? error output on the screen

Image: [img size=(01-499)]http://www.goztek.com/filestore/joomlaclonererrorscrn1.jpg[/img]

Image: [img size=(01-499)]http://www.goztek.com/filestore/joomlaclonererrorscrn2.jpg[/img]

thanks once again for the great component and speedy help!

Zephyr designs
A division of ZTEKnologies

January 25, 2008
joomlacloneronthefen
Guests

IM REALLY hoping the joomlacloner works BETTER then this forum, the thing is really really buggy

January 25, 2008
admin
Guests

Hi there! The issue you seem to have if probably caused by some server limitations and the fact the you are using Joomla 1.0.13 which has some session issues, although this is not the main issue!

Anyway, i advise you do this to optimize the backup process:

1. first optimize the database buy running a repair query through phpmyadmin
2. second, use these options in your JoomlaCloner Config:

- "Manual backup" set to Yes
- "Backup type" set to Yes
- uncheck both "Active" checkboxes

The error you are getting is caused by the mysql server which seems to close the connection through the backup process, so if you still get that error after the above specification i suggest you try and upgrade to our latest version of XCloner 2.0 software which can be downloaded from our Downloads area, further instructions are also provided near the download link!

Feel free to also open a support ticket if you have anymore issues! Regards, Ovidiu

January 25, 2008
joomlacloneronthefen
Guests

hi there

thanks for the reply, but i just got back into the office to work on this

1. first optimize the data_base_ buy running a repair query through phpmyadmin
2. second, use these options in your JoomlaCloner Config:

- "Manual backup" set to Yes
- "Backup type" set to Yes
- uncheck both "Active" checkboxes

as for the stuff you spoke of i cannot find anything in phpmyadmin that talks about repair

i did find a repair table option but that is PER TABLE and would take YEARS to complete.

as for the settings you refer to them i dont see ANY of them in my joomla cloner backend

I will await further help, thanks so much

FYI tried to do yet another backup and it just spit the error and logged us out

thanks again

January 26, 2008
joomlacloneronthefen
Guests

Ovidu

thanks once again for the reply

One question before i troubleshoot this any further, is this in anyway related to the "host" or is this my joomla config.

I am curious because many components/apps we use refer to settings in PHP.INI, and while we have one on our ROOT of the server where we host, i am skeptical of whether its being read or not.

Anyway to test or diagnose WHERE the issues are, i know you said it is the server dropping connection, but whos balls do we got to break for that, our fault or theiers.

I am seriously trying to get this nailed down, we spent 3 days so far off and on trying to get this to work, im very confident (from all the good things i have heard) that this is NOT your components fault

thoughts/suggestions?

January 26, 2008
joomlacloneronthefen
Guests

can i reach it via phpmyadmin

thats what we have access to since we have 19 hosting accounts on the shared server (were not dedicated)

if theres a way to alter the config ( i seem to remember seeing something in phpadmin when i was nosing around one day)

that might be the idea

January 26, 2008
joomlacloneronthefen
Guests

Ovidiu

Ok heres the FINAL verdict from our host (godaddy.com DONT USE THEM!!) it would appear that there is NO WAY for us to extend the server timeout or variables thereof, they suggested backing up by logging into our control panel and using phpmyadmin to backup/export the working database, then copying the files/folders of the joomla install via ftp to the local server.

this process will have to be done manually and everytime we want a backup, and i think this will still not allow us to CREATE a dev site on the local server (though i might have missed something)

Now i know this might take away from joomla cloner but i have to ask since you have been so helpful, is there ANY other way or ANY OTHER component joomla extension that either can overcome this limitation or is coded so it can workaround this.

FYI from what ive seen joomlacloner is neat and effeicent (although i have never seen a successful backup neverm ind a site restore) and we would like to use it but i think our options are running thin.

Whats next?

Jay (hanging on to my sanity)

January 28, 2008
joomlacloneronthefen
Guests

hi there

just wanted to thank you for all the effort you put in with this, it would appear by several accounts (joomla forums included) that this is just a lost cause as long as we host with the SUCK FISH at GD, i do want to thank you and clarify that even though you say the data is still getting backed up when we get this error, the sad truth is it is not, if it was we would be able to locate it on the server somewhere. To date we have never been able to find any files that were generated by joomlacloner.

The final decision until we at least move hosts or make some other changes is we will be moving on looking for another solution. I wish you luck with the development of the component and will check back periodically

CAUTION TO ALL WHO READ THIS searching for information, this error and i am sure MANY OTHERS in this component while HOSTING with GODADDY.COM (also known as xserver, secureserver, phoenix HN) is MOST LIKELY an issue with the HOST, this component does not seem to have any issues.

thanks so much once again

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
Andy: 21
D: 21