Failed to open stream error | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
Failed to open stream error
May 27, 2008
12:00 am
GMC
Guests

hi,

I am getting the error below every time I try to restore a backup. It tells me that all files where transferred successfully then I get this error.

Warning: fopen(/home/*****/public_html//configuration.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/*****/public_html/Joomla.Cloner.php on line 1461
Unable to write to configuration file /home/*****/public_html//configuration.php... Aborting...

It is only transferring less than half the files so I think the error must be stopping it from completing the transfer.

Glenn [img size=450]http://www.joomlaplug.com/images/fbfiles/images/cloner.jpg[/img]

May 27, 2008
12:00 am
admin
Guests

Hi there! The error seems to be related to the permissions set to the configuration.php file, so i suggest you retry the restore process, but this check the "skip files restore..." option from the Joomla.Cloner.php restore screen and also change permissions on the configuration.php file to 777

You should also make sure you have enough storage space on your restore host, at least twice the backup size

Let me know if you have further problems! Ovidiu

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
Andy: 21
D: 21