backup too big | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
backup too big
August 17, 2006
12:00 am
sawatdee
Guests

I bought this backup tool because my server has some corrupt files and I can no longer access plesk control panel or phpadmin.

I first tried this with a small site and everything went very smoothly.

However, I have a few sites where I have many large files that are not directly connected to the joomla database. In config I chose to backup the database alone and not files. In "generate backup" I clicked on folders which contained photoablums in order to exclude them.

However, I ended up with a 600 MB file for one site and a 1.3 GB file for another.

When I came to restore this file I got this error message:

####

The following error occurred:

[code=SERVER_RESPONSE_CLOSE] The server closed the connection while reading the response. Contact your system administrator.

####

All the other non-releated files were copied to the new server and seem to work. However, the joomla database doesn't work and I get this error:

####

Warning: main(/var/www/vhosts/srinaiweb.com/httpdocs/includes/version.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/srinaiwe/public_html/includes/joomla.php on line 71

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/var/www/vhosts/srinaiweb.com/httpdocs/includes/version.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/srinaiwe/public_html/includes/joomla.php on line 71

####

I guess my question is, how can I exclude all the extra files that are not related to the joomla installation which is making the backup file too big?

Thanks for your time.

August 17, 2006
12:00 am
admin
Guests

Hi there!
We had a small bug related to the exclude option and TAR backup type(the TAR exclude mod wasn't working on some specific systems)!

You need to get again the JoomlaCloner component and reinstall it on your sites, then try to generate the backup again, or use the ZIP mode for generating a clone(change the backup type from TAR to ZIP in your Configuration area)!

Let me know if you still have problems!

Regards! Ovidiu

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
Andy: 21