Very confused newbie. Need help with restore | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
Very confused newbie. Need help with restore
November 21, 2008
12:00 am
sully725
Guests

Hi everyone,

I have developed my site on xampp localhost and am now trying to take it live. It doesn't appear to be as easy as I thought it was.

Here is what I have done:
1. Generated a backup.
2. Cloned it.
3. Now i'm on 'JoomlaCloner Automatic Restore!'

Under Mysql configuration it put localhost for the server. If I put my username, password, etc it tells me that it is 'Unable to connect to mysql server'. What am I doing wrong?

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Sully

November 21, 2008
admin
Guests

When restoring, you need to first create some new mysql details on your restore site and then use them on the Joomla.Cloner.php restore screen, you can't use the same details as on the original host as they most probably don't exist on the new server!

Ovidiu

November 21, 2008
sully725
Guests

Ok. I created a new database on my restore site. I also created a new mysql user. I put the information on the Joomla Cloner restore screen and I still get the message 'The database details provided are incorrect and/or empty. Unable to connect to mysql server.

I don't understand what I could be doing wrong. I thought this was supposed to be an easy way to move/clone sites but so far i've spent countless hours and got nowhere.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
D: 21