Restore issues | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
Restore issues
March 28, 2008
12:00 am
alabina768
Guests

This is not the first time I have used JC with my website. First time I did a transfer and once I was convinced I had everything set up right it installed like lightening. Not a single hitch. Now I am trying a restore.

I FTPed the restore script and backup to a temporary folder. I loaded the script in FoxFire. I accepted the default for both the Install directory: and Install Url:

When I hit go I get an error message that the folder path, "is not writeable or does not exists! Could not continue..."

The fact that the script can see everything means that the paths are OK and this is a matter of folder write permissions being set? I already have the temporary folder permissions set to write. What else?

I have checked the "import mysql database" box. Am I correct to assume that I don't need to provide the Mysql username:
password: database:?

In the Mysql server field I accepted the default (localhost) but as I have got not that far yet I am not sure if this is correct. On a restore, what would be the correct data entries for the MySql fields? TIA

March 28, 2008
admin
Guests

If your restore path "Install dir:" is correct, then you need to apply 777 permissions upon it to make it writeable!

Try that and see if you have anymore issues! Regards, Ovidiu

March 30, 2008
alabina768
Guests

I did nothing to the server for just over a day and then
I sailed past the issue with permissions and ran into the
next issue - MySql db. First I went with the default - localhost. That returned - "The database details provided are incorrect and/or empty. Unable to connect to mysql server". I then logged into control panel and got the db address in the form mysql-**.hostname.*.* With this I got the same error. I know the username and name of the db but not the password. However, I thought JC would just overwrite the db? If I have to I could go into the CP and change the db pwd (as long as that is not going to screw things up). Regards, Lloyd.

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
Andy: 21
D: 21
Marcus: 20