Troubles on restoring | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
Troubles on restoring
January 8, 2007
12:00 am
Aled Evans
Guests

Hi all, having major problems trying to get joomlacloner to restore to a test server.

Generating the backups was pretty easy. I couldnt seem to get the cron function to work but backups were created correctly (according to jc) when I used manuall backup with .tar archives.

If I tried to manually backup using .zip archives I get this error:
[i]
Cloner Manager - http://www.re-located.com
Continue link:
Total process: 3% out of 2670 files
Processing files 0 to 100 for backup file /home/www/reelocat/administrator/backups/test2.zip!

Processing line 1 - directory /home/www/reelocat//administrator
Processing line 2 - directory /home/www/reelocat//administrator/backups
Processing line 3 - Appending file ./administrator/backups/index.html
Unable to open temporary file '/home/www/reelocat/administrator/backupspclzip-45a1bec5a25a3.tmp' in binary write mode [code -2][/i]

But when I try to restore one of my .tar archives I get the error:

[i]Cloner manager - http://www.re-located.com[/i%5D

when I try to input the information into the 'provide ftp details' form. Nothing else on the page just that error

Ok try ftping the files over manually - Again no good. Getting the error:
[i]
Could not continue, unable to read the clone backup file[/i]

There is also no archive to select in the drop down list on jc.php - just 'choose local clone archive'

This happens if I just ftp the archive over and if I try unpacking the archive and then ftping the files over. Also tried with various different .tar archives.

This is getting VERY frustrating..

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance, Al

http://www.re-located.com

Post edited by: squaled, at: 2007/01/08 13:07

Post edited by: squaled, at: 2007/01/08 14:23

January 8, 2007
Ovidiu
Guests

HI there! The problem you are having might be from webspace, how big is your backup and how much space do you have available on the restore host?

As specified in our requirements page, you need to have at least 3 times the backup size available space for restoring!

If you still have problems, please open a ticket and send me your restore location ftp+mysql details and the original site Joomla admin details!

Regards, Ovidiu

January 10, 2007
Aled Evans
Guests

Hi Ovidiu, thanks for the reply,

My backup is about 41meg (small site) but the test server I was uploading to was a little under 3 times the size of this at 100meg. hmmm

Im going to try to restore on a local wamp server with no size limits to try a few different things. Ill post back here after that.

Until then have you got any idea why I was getting the error mentioned above when I tried to create a backup using .zip instead of .tar? Maybe my host doesn't support .zip?

Thanks

Al

January 10, 2007
Aled Evans
Guests

Ah more errors to play with!

I put the .tar archive in a totally standard WAMP installation, called up JC.php and used the 'transfer files direct' method (Is this right). The archive seemed to unpack correctly but when I clicked on 'restore database' I got a 500 Internal server error?:(

As I said, the WAMP installation was totally stock with just root as the mysql user and no password. Could this have caused the ISE?

Let me know if you need anything else

Thanks
Al

edit: Removed .htaccess file. Now I get this error::(

DB function failed with error number 1146
Table 'relocated.j8769_session' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT session_id FROM j8769_session WHERE session_id = 'd43947ada5a6befa8a87f472c7d0cd97'
SQL =

SELECT session_id
FROM j8769_session
WHERE session_id = 'd43947ada5a6befa8a87f472c7d0cd97'

After I removed the htaccess file I got the message that the database had been populated and all was restored but when I checked phpmyadmin there were no tables in the database I created!

Any ideas?

Post edited by: squaled, at: 2007/01/10 20:10

Post edited by: squaled, at: 2007/01/10 20:18

Post edited by: squaled, at: 2007/01/10 20:30

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30