Cloning a site subdomain to another suddomain | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
Cloning a site subdomain to another suddomain
December 14, 2007
12:00 am
BigKAD
Guests

I would like to know if this situation is doable:

1. I have a primary domain named "mysite.com"
2. I have "n" number of subdomains with "mysite.com", for example "sub1.mysite.com", "sub2.mysite.com"
3. I have a joomla installation on the subdomain "sub1.mysite.com". I've tweaked the content and installed various components, modules, mambots, plugins, etc.
4. First, can I clone/restore from "sub1.mysite.com" to "sub2.mysite.com"?
5. Second, will my add-ons (components/modules etc. be functional on the target sub-domain?
6. Third, do I have to manually tweak the newly restored subdomain site to remove references to the source subdomain, "sub1.mysite.com"?

Thanks... Ken

December 14, 2007
12:00 am
admin
Guests

Hi there! Using JoomlaCloner you will be able to fully create a copy of your original site on the subdomain locations!

While JoomlaCloner updates the main configuration variable so on the new location your restored clone should be fully functional, you will need to manually update any 3rd party extensions that require their paths adjusted, allthrough most of them won't require it!

So, to sumarize, JoomlaCloner will be able to restore your created backup of the first site on any number of sites or subdomains, creating a fully functional copy of your first site but with reference to the new site!

Hope it helps, let me know if you have further questions! Regards, Ovidiu

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
Andy: 21
D: 21