'Fatal error: Out of memory' on restoring database | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
'Fatal error: Out of memory' on restoring database
May 5, 2007
12:00 am
Colin Harbour
Guests

The website files restore fine, but the database restore gives the following error:

[quote]Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 25165824) (tried to allocate 11526424 bytes) in /homepages/15/dxxxxxxx/htdocs/test_restore/Joomla.Cloner.php on line 2512[/quote]

The memory limit on my server is 40Mb and the maximum execution time is 3600 seconds - both set by the webhost and not changeable.

The mysqldump server function is not available and has been unchecked in the configuration.

I'm using 'tar' compression.

The size of database-sql.sql within the backup archive is 36.4Mb when uncompressed.

Please could you advise me how to get the database to restore?

Thanks

Colin

May 5, 2007
Ovidiu
Guests

Hi there! To avoid the memory_limit issue, either increase the memory_limir or check the "incremental sql import" option from the Joomla.Cloner.php restore screen!

Ovidiu

May 5, 2007
Colin Harbour
Guests

The 'Active' checkbox near the mysqldump line was already unchecked, but doing it as you suggested (just backing up the database without the files) worked fine!

Of course I could do separate cron jobs for the files and the data but I would prefer to do them as one. Have you any idea why I couldn't get it to work as a single task?

Best regards

Colin

PS It's mid-afternoon here - shouldn't you be in bed?!

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
D: 21
Andy: 21
Marcus: 20