Manual Restore with files issue??? Please Help? | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
Manual Restore with files issue??? Please Help?
December 24, 2008
12:00 am
justin_huggins
Guests

First of all my task is to move a locally hosted joomla site to godaddy. I downloaded the backup to my computer and it is a large file so I used filezilla to transfer to Godaddys server all this went smoothly. I read all the documentation on doing it the manual way and so I tried and was unsuccessful. So I tried restoring the database and files separately. I was able to restore the database to the godaddy server, but am still unable to restore the files. I have checked all the ftp settings and they are all correct. I have also tried the install files directly option and it will not work either. I get this message when I try to upload the files:

[i]JoomlaCloner Automatic Restore!
Connected to "mywebsite" , for user ozarkhealthinc, starting transfer...
Current directory is now: /htdocs[/i]

The file is pretty large 1.3 GB, but I left it running for 24 hours and still says the same thing. None of the files were transferred either. Since I have the database restored can I just unzip the file on my local machine and use filezilla to upload them to the server or will I run into issues this way? Or a solution to my joomlacloner issue would work as well?
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

December 27, 2008
admin
Guests

Hi there! Have you tried restoring the backup archive with these options checked:

1."Install files directly"
2. "Restore by using server utilities zip/tar"

Let me know if you still have problems after! Ovidiu

December 29, 2008
justin_huggins
Guests

Thanks, I unzipped the files on my local machine and uploaded them. Then made some required changes to my configuration.php file and everything is working great now. Thanks for the Help

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
Andy: 21
D: 21
Marcus: 20