Problem when generating | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
Problem when generating
January 5, 2008
12:00 am
ironside1969
Guests

I just backed up one my websites very successfully. I came to do another one but instead of showing all the files that it was backing up and showing you the percentage of the backup, it just came up with a lot of errors. I have copied and pasted just a few of them, they seem to be all the same.

This page normally comes up with this writing on

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request

This page also came up once with his writing on

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Unable to save result set in /home/.neusance/wooding/www.oscarfishlover.com/includes/database.php on line 289

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/.neusance/wooding/www.oscarfishlover.com/administrator/components/com_cloner/cloner.functions.php on line 1972

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/.neusance/wooding/www.oscarfishlover.com/administrator/components/com_cloner/cloner.functions.php on line 1972

January 5, 2008
admin
Guests

Are you using these settings in JoomlaCloner Config?

1. "Manual backup" set to Yes
2. uncheck both "Active" checkboxes
3. set "Backup type" to TAR

If so , does the error also contains this message "mysql connection to server close"? If this is the case, it means that the mysql connection has been closed during the backup process, while it should not affect your backup status i suggest you do a table repair on your database and if the problem persists to try and use XCloner 2.0 as backup solution available for download in your Downloads area on our site!

Ovidiu

January 5, 2008
ironside1969
Guests

This is strange. even though I've got all the error messages,if I scroll to the bottom I've still got the link to click on to continue with the backup. it seems to backup perfectly okay. What your thoughts on this? I'll prefer not to have all the error messages there. I have tested it on three other websites and it doesn't do this. They are all on the same server

January 5, 2008
ironside1969
Guests

how do you go about repairing the database, I can't find anything that corresponds to this. I assume that you do it on the actual hosting server?

January 5, 2008
ironside1969
Guests

repairing the database didn't cure the problem unfortunately. So I have downloaded xcloner. I tried to install it but I got told that it couldn't find the XML setup file. I tried installing exactly the same as the other one. However, I tried unwrapping it but it still wouldn't work

January 6, 2008
ironside1969
Guests

okay, I think I understand. So I extract the files from the zip and put them into an administrator/component. I then creates new directory in here called xcloner

January 6, 2008
ironside1969
Guests

okay, still doesn’t seem to be working. I did as instructed. Created a directory as you can see below. Still get the same problem. In fact, it went to a white screen saying to contact the administrator of my website, I’m sure you know what I’m talking about.

/home/.neusance/wooding/www.mysite.com/aministrator/components/com_xcloner/administrator/backups/

by the way, I made the backup folder writable, 777

I have included a screenshot of the errors I get

[IMG]http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb230/Oscarfishlover/cloner.jpg[/IMG]

January 6, 2008
ironside1969
Guests

sorry for all the q but I'm not quite sure what you mean by logging in and changing the password.also, I think I understand you when you say not to use the cloner that I've installed in Joomla. If that is the case, how do I access xcloner?

January 6, 2008
ironside1969
Guests

at last it seems to have worked. I think 42% it went to a 500 error and I thought here we go again. I just clicked the back button and it carried on until it finished thanks for your patients and support.

One other question. I created a subdomain, http://www.clone.Osc.....hlover.com. I did try and clone to this domain. It didn't quite work out. Do I have to create a database with the same name as the original or does it not matter?

January 6, 2008
ironside1969
Guests

okay, I will try the cloning part. It wasn't on restore that I got the error message, it was when I was backing up the database. it was a 500 error. in only did it once and when I click the back button, it carried on backing up. The other thing that I thought was I really only need to back my database up every day if the contents/photos don't change, would you agree? the only thing I thought was the database and files of the separate.
[url]http://www.thesitewizard.com/archive/servererror.shtml[/url]

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
Andy: 21
D: 21