How do you set up Support for zip in PHP | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
How do you set up Support for zip in PHP
August 18, 2006
12:00 am
romus
Guests

I just purchsed JoomlaClone. On running it I got the error
"Backup failed! Please check that you have support for the zip utility(/user/bin/zip or /user/local/bin/zip) on your server and the path you set it?s correct in Configuration, or choose the Tar archive type!"

I saw on downloading JoomlaSpan that needed support for zip in PHP. and also the download link http://www.info-zip.org.

But I am not sure what to do -because I am a newbe at this, I guess.

Is the download called "unz552xN.exe"?
What do I do with the file? Do I set it up on /usr/bin/zip or /usr/local/bin/zip
OR
is it zip232.zip which extract to /usr/bin/zip or /usr/local/bin/zip

How do I setr the path Configuration?

Im running Joomla on JSAS local environment.

Thanks for any help

Post edited by: romus, at: 2006/08/18 13:31

August 18, 2006
admin
Guests

Hi there! Ok, I am presuming your system is windows, so you will have to go here ftp://ftp.info-zip.o.....zip/WIN32/ (there is the compiled zip utility for your system)! Now, from there you need to choose the zip232xN.zip archive, that should suite your system!

After you download it, you need to extract the files and copy from there the file zip.exe into a directory on your webserver!

Presuming your webserver path is C:\webroot, then copy zip.exe to the webroot directory, and then go in the JoomlaCloner Configuration and put this path C:\webroot\zip.exe for the zip utility!

The same process for linux, but there you will need to determine what system do you have exactly, from here http://www.info-zip......g/Zip.html !

Let me know if you got it working!

Regards! Ovidiu

August 25, 2006
naude
Guests

I have followed the advice in this topic, but still get the
Backup failed! Please check that you have support for the zip utility(/usr/bin/zip or /usr/local/bin/zip) on your server and the path you set it's corect in Configuration, or choose the Tar archive type!

error, I installed the zip at c:\domains\domain_name\zip.exe and updated the config to point there, any help on what is wrong.

September 2, 2006
zachj
Guests

I refer to a previous answer to a question regarding
the error : "There was a problem in generating database backup, please check your mysqldump server path!".

I searched the folders in JSAS ( in my local machine) and also for this file : mysqldump.exe on my server where i am hosting my website, but could not find this utility.

Is it possible that it doesnt exist on my local server ( JSAS) and on my hosting server?

If that is the case,
1. where can i find this file
2. where do i install this file on my server

many thanks

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30