Error when manually creating backup | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
Error when manually creating backup
January 7, 2008
12:00 am
weevil
Guests

I tried creating a backup using the auto method, then i realised my webserver has php timeout settings on etc so i had to do manual backup, and ive tried about 3/4 times and i get the following error in random places:

Unable to open archive 'hshome/username/ncse.co.uk/administrator/backups/test.zip' in rb mode [code -2]

anyone know if i can avoid this or is my web server rubbish ?

January 7, 2008
admin
Guests

Hi there! The script is trying to backup your administrator/backups directory and one of the files there, test.zip, doesn't seem to have reading permissions! You need to either exclude the administrator/backups directory content from your backup or adjust the permissions on the files you have there to 755!

Let me know if you have further issues, and if so, please open a support ticket and send us your joomla admin details and ftp site access details! Ovidiu

January 8, 2008
weevil
Guests

thanks for the reply

The entire file structure has been given 777 permissions so it cant be a permissions problem, which makes me wonder what on earth it could be!

I will open a ticket and reply with what the solution is incase other people have ther same problem

January 8, 2008
barton91
Guests

sorry wrong post...

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters: