Restore Problems | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
Restore Problems
July 2, 2008
12:00 am
puntino
Guests

I am trying to copy my remote site to my local environment. Restore startet and it seems, all files have been restored. After calling "Please click here to continue with database import..." it reports:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 24317292 bytes) in W:\xampp\htdocs\local_Domain\Joomla.Cloner.php on line 2527

Maybe I missed something in the configuration. What is the reason for this error and how can I cure it?

July 2, 2008
admin
Guests

You will need to check the "incremental sql import" option from the Joomla.Cloner.php screen then try again

Let me know if you have anymore problems! Ovidiu

July 2, 2008
puntino
Guests

I did!

July 3, 2008
puntino
Guests

partially. Now it restores in tiny bits of probably 1 % and shows x% finished, then shows a windows with:

Permissions restored to their initial value...
Files succesfully copied to W:/xampp/htdocs/local_domain/
Please click here to continue with database import...
JoomlaCloner Restore Version 1.9.0
For support and questions please visit us at http://www.joomlaplug.com

It stops sometimes with this error message:

Warning: fopen(W:/xampp/htdocs/local_domain//administrator/backups/perm.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in W:\xampp\htdocs\local_domain\Joomla.Cloner.php on line 1021
Could not set permissions! Permissions file W:/xampp/htdocs/local_domain//administrator/backups/perm.txt not found!

Files succesfully copied to W:/xampp/htdocs/local_domain/

Please click here to continue with database import...

After clicking, it loops back and restores another 0.5%
In other words, I have to sit next to it to keep it running and it takes hours... looking at the database, just some of the tables are there and it does not grow any further. Therefore, I have interrupted the process

July 3, 2008
puntino
Guests

I appreciate a large backup will take a while, but what is a while? I have restarted the complete process, using the latest version 1.9.2 and also the latest restore scripts I could find at your site. I created a new backup. The size is:

Archive Name backup_2008-07-03_10-03_www_Domain_ch-sql-drop.tgz
Number of Files 10727
Size of Original File 155.81 MB
Size of Archive 65.38 MB
Database Backup Settings Domain: Backup Completed ( 52.76 MB )

phpMyAdmin shows the database to be about 40MB with 450000 entries.

I then restored it to a local site, running under XAMPP and started from scratch, i.e. just the backuparchive and the 3 scripts in it. The restore of the site took about 3 minutes. Alas, the database restore of the sql database took 25 minutes and after that, only 2.1% have been restored. If I extrapolate that to 100%, it will take nearly 20 hours to restore. This is completely unacceptable, particularly taken into consideration, that I have to click every 2 minutes to continue the process. Since I am working in a local environment, the transfer speed should be at least as fast as over the internet, shouldn't it?

Anyway, this does not look to me as a normal behaviour. While I am writing here, the restore goes on and after 1 hour the database is still at 3%.

Any ideas?

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
Andy: 21
D: 21