Restore 'Menu Navigation' changes not entire DB | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
Restore 'Menu Navigation' changes not entire DB
January 23, 2007
12:00 am
Bruno Hoffman
Guests

I want to upload (restore) mods made to joomla menu navigation in my local test site => to my live production site. The live site has users that submit content that is not contained in the local test site database, so I do not want to restore the full database. The Joomla database contains the navigation structure - so it looks like i need to restore some parts of the database (where my menu navigation mods reside). What tables in the joomla database contain the navigation menus and how do I upload (restore) using my cloner application?

January 23, 2007
12:00 am
Ovidiu
Guests

Hi there! The table responsible with the menu items is jos_menu, however you might also include the jos_modules table!

So, what you need to do is to go in JoomlaCloner generate backup screen, in "Database option" tab check this box "add drop syntax" so you replace the old tables when importing, then exclude all tables except the ones you need to backup for menu! Second, in the Files Options tab exclude all the files/directories except the modules/ directory!

Let me know if you need further help and if you managed to resolve your problem! Ovidiu

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
D: 21
Andy: 21
Marcus: 20