going to attempt to clone again | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
going to attempt to clone again
May 17, 2008
12:00 am
ironside1969
Guests

I want to make some extensive changes to a website I want to test on an exact copy first so I suppose the best thing to do is clone it.Now I've tried this once before and it didn't work. I created subdomain and cloned the website into it. Problem was, as soon as I opened the website, it automatically switch to the original one. Any ideas on how I can stop this happening ?

Oh, do I have to actually create an empty database?

May 17, 2008
admin
Guests

By switching you mean like a redirection? If that is the case, then i suggest you delete any .htaccess file and index.htm(l) you have on the restore site and try again

An empty database needs to also be created on the restore host so you don't run into further errors

Anyway, if you still have that issue, open a support ticket and send us the site url and ftp details to see what the issue might be

Ovidiu

May 18, 2008
ironside1969
Guests

there isn't a .htaccess or index.html file in the main root of clone.Oscarfishlover.com but it is still happening. The main site is Oscarfishlover.com, I transferred the clone to clone.Oscarfishlover.com but when you click on this URL, it just redirects back to Oscarfishlover.com. Should I try creating subdomain on another domain apart from Oscarfishlover.com, or do you think the problem will still happen?

When you say FTP details, are you referring to host, user and password, i.e. all the details you type in

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
Andy: 21
D: 21
Marcus: 20