mod_rawcontent | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
mod_rawcontent
October 1, 2008
12:00 am
2sticks
Guests

I've learned a lot in a few days since I bought this great component. While tedious at first I have gotten a great result from a lot of trial and error.

I realize too, that you have to go through every reference in the global configuration changing the paths to the tmp directories and all the others or your functionality dies. Especially if you're going to be uploading package file components.

One of the components that got cloned into my new site was "raw_content". This is really strange. It all still works but joomla cloner overwrote the name in the component drop down menu and used "x-cloner" as the name for my raw content module.

It still works but is disconcerting. What is even stranger is that when I run Joomla Cloner the raw content "manage, about and help" buttons reside inside the cloner window and are functional. The cloner works and the raw content works but I'm confused how these two separate components got mixed in with each other.

Any ideas? I'd like the raw content in the drop down menu to say "raw content" and have no clue how to proceed.

Thanks,

Stuart [img size=498]http://www.joomlaplug.com/images/fbfiles/images/joomlaplug2.JPG[/img]

October 1, 2008
12:00 am
admin
Guests

I presume you are referring to the restoring process, one of the possible issues the components got mixed is if you use a non-empty database for restore, i would advise to retry the restore process but this time use an empty database

As for the paths, since tmp and logs paths are hardcoded into the site config, they need to be changed manually to point to their correct location on each server

Regards, Ovidiu

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
D: 21
Andy: 21