mysql import resulting in server error | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
mysql import resulting in server error
August 5, 2008
12:00 am
deadpunk
Guests

Hi, I'm using JoomlaCloner to put a site onto our virtual machine using the direct install option. The site is just out of development and so needs to be at a new url. JoomlaCloner restores all of the files and gives the screen containing

[quote]JoomlaCloner Automatic Restore!
Permissions restored to their initial value...

Files succesfully copied to /var/www/www.miramar-property.com/htdocs/
Configuration updated!

Please click here to continue with database import...[/quote]

Clicking on the link gives a 500 Internal Server Error page. The install directory ( /var/www/www.miramar-property.com/htdocs/ ) has been set with permissions 777 for this process and the configuration.php file restored looks to be accurately modified. All php options are in accordance with the JoomlaCloner requirements and the database details were certainly correct (this is the third time I have attempted the restore with the same result).

The mysql database is just not being imported. Any help would be much appreciated.

P.S. attempting to view any file at miramar-property.com (html or php) gives the same 500 error.

August 5, 2008
12:00 am
deadpunk
Guests

Update: I have now tried various combinations of permissions, the only way to get to the screen quoted above is to have htdocs set to 777, otherwise I just get the error screen saying that htdocs is not writable. Since having permissions set to 777 is a possible cause of the 500 internal server error, how can I get around this?

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
Andy: 21
D: 21
Marcus: 20