FTP won't connect | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
FTP won't connect
August 28, 2007
12:00 am
Jack Breaks
Guests

Hi.
I have purchased Joomlacloner and like it very much. It installed and configured without any problem. I set up a cron schedule and it worked just fine and transferred by FTP to a temporary FTP location. Everything working great until I tried to switch the FTP location to a Godaddy server. Now it won't connect anymore. The error message is:

<b>Starting ftp transfer:</b><br /> <br />
<b>Warning</b>: ftp_login() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in <b>/home/bchorsem/public_html/joomlabchbc/administrator/components/com_cloner/cloner.cron.php</b> on line <b>242</b><br /> Authentification failed when connecting to the ftp server for user myusername with passmypassword

I have searched the forums, tried the passive setting, tried both a / and leaving the ftp path blank, so far no luck. Filezilla connects without problem. Can anyone please help?

Post edited by: percheron, at: 2007/08/28 09:38

August 28, 2007
12:00 am
Ovidiu
Guests

HI there! The problem seems to be generated from the server name you are using, make sure it contains no extra spaces in it!

If you still have problems, please open a ticket and send me your Joomla admin details and url to check the issue!

Regards, Ovidiu

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
D: 21
Andy: 21