What about cloning Xcloner itself? | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
What about cloning Xcloner itself?
April 21, 2009
12:00 am
oorzaak
Guests

Hi, I'm a new user with Xcloner, took me some time to understand it. Now it works fairly well, however I have a new question today.

I developed a site on my local server and cloned it to a live location. My client is testing the site on the live location and now I want to make a clone which includes his test data.

However, Xcloner has kept the details of my local site and database. Changing these details did not work out well, for instance the backup store and start path are not correct if typed like http://www.mydomain.com; Xcloner needs some details about the server which I cannot provide myself - or maybe I can when I ask my provider, but I don't know what I should ask for.

Then I remembered that Xcloner seems to "pick up" these details when it is freshly installed. So I thought I'd uninstall Xcloner from the live site an then install it again. Not so, when I tried to install it again I got error messages:

- JFolder::create: Infinite loop detected
- Warning! Failed to move file.
- And a series of mesasges like this one:

Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/localasite/tmp) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/g37565/mydomain.com) in /var/www/g37565/mydomain.com/HTML/libraries/joomla/filesystem/file.php on line 323

Anyone who can help me please?

Kind regards, Frits

April 22, 2009
12:00 am
oorzaak
Guests

[b]oorzaak wrote:[/b]
[quote]Xcloner needs some details about the server which I cannot provide myself - or maybe I can when I ask my provider, but I don't know what I should ask for.

Then I remembered that Xcloner seems to "pick up" these details when it is freshly installed.[/quote]

I got around this problem by erasing the whole site and ftp'ing a XCloner backup and the XCloner.php and TAR.php files to the server. Then I started XCloner.php on the server and yep, it showed the right address fot the install directory. Ik looked a bit like this:

Install directory: /var/www/g37565/mydomain.com/HTML/

So I have a working XCloner installation again and I keep this address in a safe place for future use.

Kind regards, Frits

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
Andy: 21
D: 21