Getting Started the Right Way? | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
Getting Started the Right Way?
February 28, 2008
12:00 am
deejay
Guests

Please ignore this post, I solved the problem: The greyed out icon was actually active and once I clicked it everything moved along as expected. Quicker, than expected, actually! B)

Ordinarily (perhaps foolishly) I would not have thought of getting into the particulars of backup and restore at the very start of my Joomla experience. However, when I downloaded Joomla (a little over a week ago) the latest stable version was 1.0.14. On Feb 22nd, a security patch was issued and became available as v1.0.14_to_1.0.15_patch. Users were highly encouraged to install this patch.

So, OK. However, we were also warned in big red bold print to backup the site BEFORE applying the patch (or any patch), which makes a GREAT deal of since. No problem there. My site is brand new and quite fundamental. Yet I'd hate to lose all the work I've put into it to have gotten it where it is, so far.

To protect it, I purchased your Clomer software. Tried doing the trial version but it wasn't installable on localhost. Thus there was no where else for me to try it out than on my site. I decided (given the large ratio of 5-star ratings the software has received) the purchase would more than likely work out OK.

It installed on my host server without a hitch. I configured it to the best of my newbie knowledge and attempted to create my 1st backup. That's where I ran into a snag.

The software asks the user to indicate which databases should be excluded from the backup. Since I hadn't a clue, I opted for all databases to be included. So, I selected not one databse.

However, when the system took me to the next step: I got stuck. I don't know what to answer for the "database options" questions and the system has continue to show the "continue" icon in a light grey color, indicating "not available." Clearly, it waiting for some information from me but I don't know what it is. :unsure:

How do I resolve this problem? Can you point me to something I can read or lookup to get an answer I can understand? I've been using Joomla for little over a week and have very little experience with UNIX. (My life took me along the Windows path.)

Any suggestions would be very gratefully appreciated. (Sorry for the long post. Just trying my best to be clear.)

Thanks,
DeeJay

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
Andy: 21