Randon characters introduced in site restores v3.x | Report Bugs | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Avatar
Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope


Match



Forum Options



Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
Randon characters introduced in site restores v3.x
July 2, 2011
6:30 pm
Avatar
Normski
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 6
Member Since:
September 30, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I have been using 2.1 for a couple of years dating back to when it was a paid for component.  In the intial days I needed a little support but since then it has been plain sailing.  XCloner is the very first component I install on a site.

 

I recently downloaded and started to use v3.0 but immediately found that when restoring or moving a site using a backup generated with 3.0 I would get random characters, especially the Å character, randonly appearing in each and every article.

 

Backing up and restoring from the same site using v2.1 does not give this issue.  This occurs on any site I have tried it on.  Please do you have any idea what causes this?

July 3, 2011
6:51 am
Avatar
Ovidiu Liuta
Admin
Forum Posts: 2484
Member Since:
September 26, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

When restoring, try and set the "Character set to the file" drop down option or database encoding to utf8 and see if it helps! Ovidiu

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
Andy: 21
D: 21
Marcus: 20
Jamie F: 19
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 737
Members: 9459
Moderators: 2
Admins: 3
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 7
Topics: 2397
Posts: 8236
Newest Members:
Mustafa Yildirim
Moderators: TriP: 0, Steve Burge: 0
Administrators: Ovidiu Liuta: 2484, Victor Drover: 1, Valentin Barbu: 0