404 error during restore process | Wordpress Support | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSSsp_TopicIcon
404 error during restore process
August 25, 2013
6:59 pm
pedronimo
Members
Forum Posts: 6
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hi,

First time user, got successfully to here (see image below) and then pulled up a 404 error (file not found).

Any guidance is appreciated, where can I troubleshoot?

Thanks!

[Image Can Not Be Found]

August 26, 2013
12:44 pm
Ovidiu Liuta
Admin
Forum Posts: 2484

You have moved the files to the olpe/ subdirectory, so you need to call the restore script accordingly, should be http://...restore_url.../olpe/XCloner.php

August 28, 2013
6:15 pm
pedronimo
Members

THANKS!!!

I got a step further, was able to access the restore script! - Now what to enter for mysql restore process:

Username/password info, how to find?

THANKS A LOT.

p

August 29, 2013
10:32 am
Ovidiu Liuta
Admin

You need to create the mysql user and pass from inside your hosting control panel and assign them to the database you want to restore the backup to.

August 29, 2013
2:29 pm
pedronimo
Members

THANKS!

I was able to get that login/pw from the source locations wp-config.php file.

During that process there was one error message, one of the tables was already there it said.

I clicked "continue" and it seem to restore the DB, but never really told me when it was done or that it was successful.

It kept "restoring" (that is what it looked like) and after 10 min's or so, I closed the browser tab and logged into my WP site.

I went into "settings" and "permmalinks" and then "save changes" and "bingo" it apparently had successfully installed the zip file backup I had done with your plugin! THANKS for your patience with a newbie.

Your plugin is terrific, if you have spare time (:-)) what would be terrific, you could have someone write a simple, very basic protocol of some of these steps that you might of course take for granted for most users (perhaps a volunteer could do that and post it). 

Thanks again,

Peter

August 29, 2013
8:29 pm
Ovidiu Liuta
Admin

Try and use an empty database before attempting the restore, it should help fix the mysql import errors. Ovidiu

August 29, 2013
8:45 pm
pedronimo
Members

Ovidiu: THANKS!

I am now having a major issue, can you give me a tip:

I moved the WP site at this locatio (SOURCE SITE) 

http://laecovilla.org/

It all seemed to work, until I started to change the pages and menu in the SOURCE location.

Suddenly I noticed that the same changes also occured in the DESTINATION LOCATION

Does that imply that I am using the same DB for both locations, and all I need to do is to copy the ORIGINAL DB from the SOURCE LOCATION TO to the DESTINATION LOCATION.

If I can't locate a copy of the original DB, can my DESTINATION SITE which is now running with the same DB of the SOURCE SITE, be saved, i.e. I have the pages still in the DESTINATION LOCATION, could those pages be reconnected to a new DB?

Sorry, hope I make sense?

THANKS A MILLION.

Peter

August 29, 2013
8:56 pm
pedronimo
Members

PS: I have the full backup of the site which I moved from laecovilla.org to cms-excellence.com/olpe (same server)

- would you suggest to first remove the *entire directory* at cms-excellence.com/olpe, before resuming the restoration from the backup I mmade with xclone?

- would that eliminate the issue I had last time, as I did something silly: I had brand new installation of WP in the new directory........but if that new directory is completely empty, I might get a better result?

Final Q: How can I prevent though that when I restore the site from the backup, that it will "overwrite the DB on the source location which I want to work independantly. I know this is basic stuff: How can I make sure that I am using *separate DB* for the two locations?

August 30, 2013
6:08 am
Ovidiu Liuta
Admin

To separate the databases of the two sites, simply create a new database and use that when asked on the restore screen. And yes, it would be best to make the restore to an empty directory, no need to preinstall Wordpress before the restore. Hope it helps!

August 30, 2013
2:41 pm
pedronimo
Members

THANKS, for your comments. Clearly, your plugin works great and it was my lack of experience that got me in "the weeds".

I appreciate all your work and help.

Peter

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
D: 21