500 Server Error After Successful Installation When Trying To Access Xcloner Settings Page | Wordpress Support | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSSsp_TopicIcon
500 Server Error After Successful Installation When Trying To Access Xcloner Settings Page
August 3, 2011
6:14 am
WordWeaver
Guam
Members
Forum Posts: 14
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
Hello again Ovidiu. It has been a while since I posted here.
Xcloner Backup And Restore 3.0.3 has been running fine for the past few months, and the automated backup using the cron tab has worked great.
However, I have now run into a serious problem.
Just recently I switched server software and am now running my WordPress blog using MAMP Pro 2.0.
I also switched all of my domains to a faster machine; that is, to a 2.8 GHz 27" i7 Quad Core iMac. I have been running Mac OS X Lion on this machine for about a week now.
I have rebuilt my blog from scratch, and have just installed all of my plug-ins. All of them — including Xcloner — installed just fine, using the built-in uploader in WordPress.
However, the problem is this:
After activating Xcloner, whenever I click on the Xcloner link to go to the Xcloner settings page, my server is throwing me a 500 misconfiguration error, and all I get is a blank white page with the Dashboard menu on the left side, and the name of my blog in the usual place on the top, but the rest of the page is all white. This occurs at the following URL:
http://www.example.c.....loner_show
I have tried setting both the "administrator" and "backups" folders to 777, 755 and 750, but it doesn't help. I still get the 500 error in my on-screen server access log, and the blank white page.
I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling Xcloner several times, but that hasn't helped either. The problem persists.
Even deactivating all of my other plug-ins hasn't helped either.
Whether I use a zipped copy of Xcloner that is on my hard drive, or let the installer download a new copy from the WordPress plug-ins site makes no difference. The 500 error just keeps occurring following installation when I click on the Xcloner link.
Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
UPDATE: Please disregard this post. I just  grabbed a copy of my "cloner.config.php" file from my previous installation of several weeks ago, and I put it in the Xcloner folder. I don't know why, but that solved my problem. I can now access the Xcloner page, and everything is back to normal again.
I honestly don't understand why a virgin copy of Xcloner was causing me that problem. I had even created a new wordpress database. Oh well; at least it is working again.  🙂
August 3, 2011
6:33 am
Ovidiu Liuta
Admin
Forum Posts: 2484

Try checking your server/site error_log, all 500 errors are detailed there, that should help in fixing the issue.

Ovidiu

August 3, 2011
6:46 am
WordWeaver
Guam
Members

Hello. Please re-read the last part of my previous post. I already fixed the problem by using an older version of Xcloner's config file. It is working great again.

I don't know why, but the Apache error log is NOT showing any entries for my local connections.

August 3, 2011
7:57 pm
Ovidiu Liuta
Admin

Yes, i was hoping the apache error log might have some specific error messages. Feel free to open a support ticket and i can look more into this issue, it might be somthing in the default cloner.config.php file that is breaking the setup in conjuction with your server setup.

Ovidiu

August 3, 2011
8:57 pm
WordWeaver
Guam
Members

Hello Ovidiu. Well, as I said before, everything is working again, so I am not going to worry about it.

Besides, I think there are too many new factors involved to really determined why a virgin installation is resulting in a 500 error when I click on the Xcloner link. I think that just the fact that I am now running my blog on a new machine with different server software would make it too difficult to pinpoint the problem. I am just glad that it is working again.

August 13, 2011
1:49 pm
Smakodak
Members
Forum Posts: 2

WordWeaver said:

Hello. Please re-read the last part of my previous post. I already fixed the problem by using an older version of Xcloner's config file. It is working great again.

I don't know why, but the Apache error log is NOT showing any entries for my local connections.

Hi

I have the exact same problem.

These are the errors that I get:

# php_error.log
Call to undefined function is_admin() in /var/www/knallhyttan/wp-content/plugins/xcloner-backup-and-restore/cloner.config.php(76) : eval()'d code on line 93

# apache2 error.log
[Sat Aug 13 15:19:43 2011] [error] [client 192.168.101.1] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined func
tion is_admin() in /var/www/knallhyttan/wp-content/plugins/xcloner-backup-and-restore/cloner.confi
g.php(76) : eval()'d code on line 93, referer: http://knallhyttan.dk/wp-admin/plugins.php?page=xcl
oner_show

Any idea?

Kind regards Anders

August 13, 2011
5:42 pm
Ovidiu Liuta
Admin

Smakodak: The issue you have seems to be related to the fact that your main wp-config.php is probably altered with an additional php code, my suggeastion is to simple open the wp-content/plugins/xcloner-backup-and-restore/cloner.config.php and remove line 76, make sure afterwards you re-add the mysql details in the XCloner Config panel.

Ovidiu

August 25, 2011
7:38 am
Smakodak
Members
Forum Posts: 2

Hi Ovidiu
You're right. My wp-config.php was altered with withstanding code to get the ftp-function of word-press to function.

Removing line 76 did the job.

Thank you

Anders

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29