run into problems | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
run into problems
July 5, 2008
12:00 am
ironside1969
Guests

I've just Installed a backup into a new directory on go daddy things haven't gone quite as smoothly as I had hoped. I don't know whether it's something to do with the database, or the fact that I have swapped hosts completely

http://www.brixhamcatch.com/

July 5, 2008
admin
Guests

I would advise to retry the restore process, you don't seem to have finished the restore properly since the configuration file was not updated

If you still have issues, try and extract the backup archive manually then use the restore script to restore the database by checking the "skip files restore" option

Ovidiu

July 5, 2008
ironside1969
Guests

So I should uninstall all the files and upload again? What I did was to make a backup using cloner and then I downloaded it to back onto my computer.

July 5, 2008
ironside1969
Guests

Do you mean upload the zip file? actually, it isn't actually a zip file, I have winrar installed. I'm a little bit confused, when I make a backup, I've downloaded it on to the computer and then opened it up and then uploaded all the files, obviously this was wrong? was about the script, I'm not sure what you are talking about, there wasn't anything separate from the backup

July 5, 2008
ironside1969
Guests

okay, I understand now. However, whereabouts inside the backup do I locate the joomla Cloner install script?I just want to make sure it's there

July 5, 2008
ironside1969
Guests

I have just deleted all the files out of the root directory and I am left with one folder called "stats" inside this folder are two files, index.html, and statspwd, and neither of them I can delete, I just get the message saying could not delete, permission denied, any ideas?

July 5, 2008
ironside1969
Guests

I've been in contact with support at go daddy and this folder that contains two files is like as statistics program. They said that if you delete it, it will probably regenerate again in 24 hours. I find this a little strange. Anyway, it seems that I have to leave the folder that, I am just upload again the backup into the same root, I am a little worried that when I come to carry out the restore, this folder is going to cause problems. What do you think?

July 6, 2008
ironside1969
Guests

I've just uploaded the backup so we'll see what happens. I contacted support and they basically said there's nothing you can do about that folder, it is there to stay. I was wondering, are you with go daddy, always anybodyelse with them, maybe we could exchange notes on this matter

July 6, 2008
ironside1969
Guests

okay, still not sure what's wrong. I entered into the browser, the following "http://myURL.com/Joomla.Cloner.php" I just got a 404 error. I didn't unzip the backup befor uploading it, I just uploaded it in the same format it was in the backup folder in the original site

July 6, 2008
ironside1969
Guests

that tutorial is great, really helpful. However, there is something you said before, that conflicts with the tutorial. When I download the backup that is going to go on to the new site, do I unzip it and upload all the files,or should I leave it zipped up the same way I downloaded it? it doesn't say anything about unzipping in the tutorial

[quote]Then go to the /administrator/backups/ directory and download the actual backup that
will have a filename such as “backup_2007-08-15_13-25_mexdental_com-sqlnodrop.
tgz”
Now all you have to do is to upload these 4 files to the directory where your cloned site
will exist.[/quote]

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
Andy: 21
D: 21