run into problems | Page 2 | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
run into problems
July 6, 2008
12:00 am
ironside1969
Guests

really not sure what's going on, I have just taken a screenshot of the FTP and you can see that joomlacloner is there

[IMG]http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb230/Oscarfishlover/clone.jpg[/IMG]

July 6, 2008
ironside1969
Guests

sorry for being such a pain. Okay, this is why did, I generated a backup. Then I went into administrative/backups and downloaded the backup.I then went into administrative/components/comcloner/restore and downloaded the three files, joomla_cloner.php being one of them. Then I unzipped the backup and uploaded the files into the root directory, as well as the other three files.

July 6, 2008
ironside1969
Guests

I have uploaded it. I'm obviously missing something someone. The screenshot I sent you is of all the files from the extracted backup on the server already

July 7, 2008
ironside1969
Guests

I'm going to start again tomorrow with a different domain name because I just realized that I transferred a domain name to go daddy when it has loads of subdomains that are now not showing. So I'll start again tomorrow from scratch Thanks for bearing with me

July 11, 2008
ironside1969
Guests

well I finally cracked it. Already moved 2 website across to go daddy with no problems.

I do have one question however,I decided toput my site offline and tell my visitors that I was moving servers, problem was, when I came to restore, I couldn't get into the website so I had to change the name servers back again and start all over again

July 11, 2008
ironside1969
Guests

it happened when I put it in http://site/joomla.cloner.php. anyway, I'll just remember not to put my site off-line next time before doing it.

I did have one small problem last night, I noticed it after I had moved one site. I have got sh04sef installed on one of the sites I've moved. When everything had finished, the home page came up all right that when I went to other pages, it said NO file input. I knew this had something to do with sh404sef so I changed the .htaccess to htaccess.txt [could have sworn I had done that before]and then change the setting to work without .htaccess. everything now works on the website, however, it now seems that URL is slightly different from before, the reason I know this is because all links apart from the item page are not working on the search engines. Have a look?the first link is the one that is on the search engine

http://www.brixhamcatch.com/index.php/fresh-brixham-fish-online-sales.html

The second link works okay once you go on the website and start browsing

http://brixhamcatch.com/index.php?/fresh-brixham-fish-online-sales.html

You can see the difference, the ?. I have tried putting it on the setting but it doesn't work.

When I transfer and restore website, should I disable sh404sef? Is this a known issue?

July 11, 2008
ironside1969
Guests

couldn't find anything to do with Apache in global configuration. does Go Daddy use Apache? Only I couldn't find any mention of Apache when I was looking through the documentation on godaddy

also, I haven't got .htaccess, I changed it to HTaccess.txt.

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
Andy: 21
D: 21
Marcus: 20